If your payment card has been declined at checkout, try these troubleshooting tips before your next attempt.
Correct your payment information
- Confirm the billing address and billing postal code associated with the card exactly match what your bank has on file.
- Confirm the card number is entered correctly.
- Make sure the expiration date of the card is up to date.
Authorize the payment with your bank
- Your bank may flag any unexpected activity on your account. This includes first time orders and high-value purchases, regardless of the amount of funds or credit limit available.
- Generally this results in a "Do Not Honor" error code at checkout.
- Your bank may require your verbal authorization to proceed with a transaction.
Make sure your purchase is within the card’s authorized spending limit
- Generally, banks have daily spending limits that can cause a card to be declined if exceeded. If this is true about your purchase, contact your bank to request a higher spending limit.
- This type of card-decline is especially common for credit cards issued by Venmo.
Switch devices or browser
- If you are attempting to checkout from a mobile device, try switching over to a desktop. If you are on a desktop, try a mobile device.
- Try another internet browser. Reverb tends to operate best with Google Chrome.
- Open a private browsing window on your next payment attempt.
Adjust privacy settings
- Temporarily disable any privacy settings, apps, or extensions within your browser.
- Disable ad-blockers or pop-up blockers.