What is Affirm?
Affirm is a financing alternative to credit cards and other credit payment products. Affirm offers instant financing for purchases online. With Affirm, you can buy and receive your purchase now, and pay for it in fixed monthly installments over the course of 3, 6, 12, 18, 24, or 36 months.
Why buy with Affirm?
Here is what Affirm offers:
- Buy and receive your purchase now, and pay for it over 3-36 months. This allows you to split up the price of your purchase into fixed payment amounts that fit your monthly budget.
- You don’t need to have a credit card to make a purchase.
- You may be eligible for Affirm financing even if you don’t have an extensive credit history. Affirm bases its loan decision not only on your credit score, but also on several other data points about you.
- The application process is secure and instantaneous. Affirm asks you for a few pieces of information. After you provide this information, Affirm will notify you of the loan amount you’re approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months you will have to pay off your loan, all within seconds.
- Affirm does not charge hidden fees. If Affirm approves you for a loan, Affirm discloses your loan terms before you make your purchase. You’ll know exactly how much you’ll owe each month, the number of payments you must make, and the total amount of interest you’ll be paying over the course of the loan.
Who is eligible to apply for Affirm Financing?
Affirm is available to United States residents 18 years or older. Shipping and billing addresses must be located within the US.
How does Affirm approve borrowers for loans?
Affirm will ask you for a few pieces of personal information – your name, email, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number. Affirm uses this information to verify your identity, and to make an instant loan decision. Affirm will base its loan decision not only on your credit score, but also on several other data points about you. This means you may be able to obtain financing from Affirm even if you don’t have an extensive credit history.