Here are the steps in the Affirm loan application process:
- Select to pay with Affirm at checkout.*
- Affirm will prompt you to enter a few pieces of information – your name, email, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number. Please ensure that all of this information is your own and is consistent information otherwise you may experience difficulty with your checkout.
- To ensure that you’re the person making the purchase, Affirm will send a text message to your cell phone with a unique authorization code.
- Enter the authorization code into the application form. Within a few seconds, Affirm will notify you of the loan amount you’re approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months you will have to pay off your loan. Rates vary from 0-30% APR over 3-36 months depending on the seller and based on creditworthiness. Affirm will also state the amount of your fixed, monthly payments and the total amount of interest you’ll pay over the course of the loan.
- If you would like to accept Affirm’s financing offer, click “Confirm Loan” and you’re done.
* If you are checking out with Affirm on the Android Reverb app, it is required that you have Google Chrome installed on your device.
Going forward, you’ll get monthly email and SMS reminders about your upcoming payments. You can also set up autopay to avoid missing a payment. Your first monthly payment will be due 30 days from the date the merchant completes processing your order.
Does Affirm do a credit check, and how does it impact my credit score?
When you first create an Affirm account, they perform a ‘soft’ credit check to help verify your identity and determine your eligibility for financing. This ‘soft’ credit check will not affect your credit score. If you apply for more loans with Affirm, they may perform additional ‘soft’ credit checks to ensure that we offer you the best financing options possible.
Why was I denied financing by Affirm?
Please contact Affirm via email at email@example.com or by calling (855) 423-3729 for assistance on denials.
My Affirm loan was approved, but I don't see my Reverb order. What do i do?
This can happen if you don't return to Reverb after completing your Affirm loan on their site. Please contact Affirm support to assist you with cancelling the loan. After that, the purchase can be attempted again on Reverb.
Why can't customers outside the U.S. use Affirm?
Regrettably, Affirm is available only to shoppers residing in the United States. Affirm hopes to expand its services to customers outside the U.S. in the future.