Shipping Profiles allow sellers to standardize their shipping rates for similarly-sized items. This allows you to set your shipping rates once instead of setting them up individually. Shipping Profiles also unlock the ability to utilize our Combined Shipping feature.
You can learn how to how to set up a Shipping Profile to include Combined Shipping here.
How to Create a Shipping Profile
- Head to the Shipping tab of your Shop Settings page
- Select "Create Your First Profile"
- Enter the Profile Name, Shipping Methods, and Shipping Rates
- Select "Save Profile"
Example 1: Say you're a US seller who only ships guitars and pedals. You can set up a profile for both items. One for pedals that says "each time I make a listing for a pedal, I want to charge $5 US shipping, $15 for Canada, and $25 everywhere else", and then one for guitars with the appropriate info.
Example 2: Say you are an authorized dealer for a certain brand and have territory restrictions for where you can ship. Set up a shipping profile and specify rates for the countries or territories that you're allowed to sell into while leaving the Everywhere Else field blank.
How to Add International Shipping Options to Shipping Profiles
If you want to have a single shipping rate for all international orders, you can enter a rate under "Rest of the World". Alternatively, you can select "Remove" to only ship to the Continental U.S.
If you want to get more detailed, simply select "Add Shipping Locations" and set your rates on a regional level.
Once you set your rates, select "Save Profile".
How Do I Start Using My Shipping Profiles?
After a shipping profile is created, it is saved in your account. Just select that shipping profile in the “How will you ship it?” section when creating a listing, and BOOM, all of your shipping rates for that category are applied.
- These profiles will not be added retroactively to existing listings. However, you can edit your existing listings to include their new shipping profiles.
- To update your existing listings with your new shipping profiles in bulk, just check out our Manage Inventory feature.
- If you have a specific shipping profile appended to a live listing/several live listings, and you then edit that shipping profile, all of your listings using that shipping profile will reflect the new prices.