All prices on Reverb should be listed EXCLUSIVE of VAT. Reverb will then add on the VAT rate indicated in your tax policy and display the correct tax-inclusive price to applicable buyers in your tax region (e.g. the EU).
Customers outside your tax policy region will not see or be charged VAT.
To establish your tax policy:
- Navigate to your shop’s tax policy section.
- Add your VAT Identification Number and click "Save"
- In the Tax Policy section, select "EU" from the Region dropdown and input your applicable VAT rate.
- Check the "Exclude VAT on sales to businesses with a valid VAT number" box to exclude VAT to business customers*
- Click "Add tax policy" and you're done!
*By default, selecting “Exclude VAT on sales to businesses with a valid VAT number” will zero-rate the VAT on all sales to business customers. If you wish to include VAT on business sales to customers in a specific country, for example, if you’re a German business that needs to include standard VAT on sales to other Germany businesses:
- Create a second tax policy by following the same steps from before: Add Tax Rate, and this time pick your country from "Region"
- This time, leave "Exclude VAT on sales to businesses with a valid VAT number" unchecked
- Click "Add Tax Policy"