With Reverb's free app for BigCommerce, it’s easy to connect existing BigCommerce product catalogs to Reverb and keep track of inventory levels between both platforms.
- Create new listings from BigCommerce to Reverb (not Reverb to BigCommerce)
- Automatically publish draft listings to a ‘Live’ state on Reverb
- Sync all or specific listing information (title, listing condition, description, price, etc.)
- Sync Inventory levels bi-directionally between BigCommerce and Reverb via the unique SKU field
Installation of Reverb app
Reverb Shipping Profile Creation
Getting Started and Help Tabs
Custom Fields that Sync from BigCommerce to Reverb
Sync Status Tab - Start Your First Sync
Check Reverb Drafts for Errors
1. Installation of Reverb app:
- Download the BigCommerce<>Reverb app.
- While logged into your Reverb account, grant Reverb access to BigCommerce.
- Complete the authentication process:
- Because the SKU field is the connection point between Reverb listings and BigCommerce products, the SKUs must match between both platforms. If you have existing listings on Reverb that do not exist in BigCommerce, this app does not pull existing listings from Reverb into BigCommerce so please keep this in mind. If you are new to Reverb, in order to sync products from BigCommerce to Reverb a SKU will be required.
2. Reverb Shipping Profile Creation
- Products in BigCommerce can be set with a fixed shipping cost, or free shipping, however this fixed shipping cost does not apply to Reverb listings upon creating and syncing new listings to Reverb.
- Because of this, you’ll need to create Reverb Shipping Profiles within your Reverb account, either making individual profiles for certain product categories, or creating a profile for ‘Free Shipping’. Then, using the BigCommerce custom fields that sync to Reverb, specifically reverb_shipping_profile as the custom field with the name of your shipping profile as the value as shown below:
- If you do not use a custom field value to apply a shipping profile to your Reverb products prior to syncing, your listings on Reverb will show a “+ shipping” notice, which means buyers will not be able to purchase items without messaging you directly for shipping costs.
3. Getting Started and Help Tabs
- Please review both the Getting Started and Help tabs within the Reverb app prior to enabling any sync settings. These pages contain pertinent information regarding expected sync behavior and common troubleshooting tactics.
4. Category Mappings
In order to sync existing SKU information & create new listings on Reverb from BigCommerce, first you’ll need to properly map all of your BigCommerce categories to the closest possible Reverb category.
- Click the Category Mappings tab and click the "Update BigCommerce Categories" button. Be sure to refresh the page after you click the button.
- A list of your BigCommerce product categories will be generated with a corresponding drop down menu of Reverb product categories. This might take some time.
- Go through each option and match up your categories to the Reverb Categories.
Not all categories are listed on Reverb, so try and find the closest match you can. If the option isn't there or you're caught between two options, place it in a more generalized option that doesn't have a subcategory (IE, categorize Strings as Accessories).
Changes to existing category names, the deletion of any BigCommerce categories, or any edits to categories or subcategories can result in “missing category” errors upon syncing. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help resetting the category mappings within the app.
- Go to the Settings tab and turn on the toggles as shown below.
- You’ll want to keep the toggles for "Create drafts for items with zero-inventory" and "Automatically publish drafts" turned off to start.
- Upon the first sync between BigCommerce and Reverb, we will always sync all fields (title, description, price, condition, and inventory). The settings on the right side of the page control whether the fields sync on subsequent updates, allowing you to change your Reverb listing independently of changes to the Bigcommerce product.
- Click “Re-register update hooks” if you are experiencing any problems after attempting to sync.
6. Custom Fields that Sync from BigCommerce to Reverb
- Because there are certain Reverb-specific fields that do not have a BigCommerce counterpart, some of the fields on Reverb listings require the use of BigCommerce custom fields to sync information properly.
- BigCommerce Custom Fields That Sync To Reverb
- While most custom fields are optional, some are important to use, including:
reverb_condition = [insert condition here] - This field will allow you to set the condition on products that sync from Shopify to Reverb. If you don’t use a condition custom field, the integration will automatically set the condition to Brand New. A product will always default to "Brand New" when it syncs. If you specify the product condition as “Used” in BigCommerce, it will default to “Very good” On Reverb. If you categorize it to “Refurbished”, it will specify that item as "Like New".
reverb_shipping_profile = [insert shipping profile name here] - This custom field will allow you to assign Reverb Shipping Profiles to listings via the integration. Without this custom field, listings will be integrated without a shipping cost, and any set shipping costs on BigCommerce products will not translate to Reverb.
reverb_upc_does_not_apply = on - This custom field will be required for any Brand New, B-Stock, or Mint (with inventory) listings that you do not have UPC data for. UPC data is required on these listings, but, if you don't have that information, you can bypass the publishing requirement by adding this custom field to the BigCommerce product.
7. Sync Status Tab - Start Your First Sync
- Head to the Sync Status tab, and for the first sync, click “Re-sync everything”
- Click “OK”:
- Wait until the sync is complete to see sync logs related to your products:
- Review any errors with syncing under the “Sync Status” column, as well as the timestamp of the last sync under the “Last Synced” column.
This app automatically syncs inventory in real time. If this is your first sync or you want to start fresh, you can click “Re-sync Everything”. Full syncs may take hours to complete, depending on the size of your inventory.
8. Check Reverb Drafts for Errors
- Once items have synced and appear in the Sync Status tab logs, you’ll be able to click “View on Reverb” to see the draft listing on Reverb.
- In your Drafts folder on Reverb, you will be able to see any associated errors with products you’ve synced from BigCommerce. Common errors include:
Inventory must be greater than 0
- This can be fixed through replenishing inventory on the BigCommerce item, then forcing a re-sync
Please set a shipping rate or enable local pickup.
- This can be fixed by adding the custom field reverb_shipping_profile with the value set to the name of the Reverb Shipping Profile, then forcing a re-sync
Upc A valid UPC/EAN must be entered in the UPC field or the 'UPC does not apply' field must be marked true for a Brand New item
- This can be fixed by adding the custom field reverb_upc_does_not_apply with the value set to “on” for the BigCommerce product, then forcing a re-sync
Not syncing this product. Missing category mapping: Electric Guitars: store.settings.sync=true custom_fields.sync=
- This means either the proper category mapping hasn’t been completed, or one of your BigCommerce category names has changed or been deleted.
If you run into problems outside the realm of what’s been outlined in the above article, please reach out to email@example.com.