Do you use PayPal as an accepted payment method, but you don’t see the funds in your account?
Make sure you have completed all the necessary steps on PayPal if you just set up your PayPal account. You also must grant Reverb permission to your PayPal account, so you can send and refund money without signing into PayPal.
Signing Up with PayPal
- If you just signed up for PayPal before listing an item, make sure you went through all the necessary steps to confirm your PayPal account. Follow the steps below:
Check to see if you received an email from PayPal to confirm your account. Look towards the bottom of the email for the confirmation link:
- When you click the link, you will be redirected to PayPal’s login page. They will send you a confirmation code based on the delivery preference selected. Once signed in, PayPal will take you through the steps to set up your account if you haven’t already. We recommend setting up a credit card or bank account immediately on your PayPal account, or your money will not appear in your account.
- Once you’ve connected your credit card or bank account, you still need to confirm your email on the summary page. Click on the box to confirm your email. Again, your money will not be displayed until this is complete.
- You will be redirected to your account page to confirm the email address. You will not be able to change the email address until you have confirmed the email address entered on your account.
- Once the confirmation is complete, your summary page will show the money you have waiting to transfer to the credit card or bank account.
- When selling with PayPal as your accepted payment method, you will receive payment to your PayPal account once the buyer's payment has cleared. These funds may sometimes take additional time to process and show in your PayPal account, depending on your account settings. If you issue a refund to a buyer, we strongly recommend you refund through Reverb directly to avoid any delays in the refund process. We will not see the refunds immediately when they are issued through PayPal.
You can view or change your accepted payment methods from your Shop Policies Page.
Granting Reverb Permission through PayPal
If you have a PayPal account and you want to use it as an accepted payment method on Reverb, then you will need to grant Reverb permission. As a seller, this allows you to accept payments and issue refunds on our site without having the hassle of going offsite to PayPal to handle transactions. Follow the steps below:
- As you set up your shop on Reverb, you can choose to pick Reverb Payments or PayPal. If you choose PayPal, you will need to verify that the email address you provide to us is accurate. You can verify through your Shop Settings page. Click the Verify PayPal Account button to set up permissions.
- Once you click the Verify PayPal Account button, you will be redirected to this page where you will grant Reverb permission. Click the Grant Permission button which will redirect you back to your Reverb Shop Policies page.
- After permission is granted, you can continue the process of creating a listing on the site. If you ever decide to update your email address on your PayPal account, you will have to go through this process again to verify the updated email by logging into PayPal with your updated email and grant permission.
We recommend using Reverb Payments to quickly and safely receive payments.