If the buyer reports shipping damage within the 7-day Protection Window and the seller opted out of Safe Shipping, we expect the seller to work with the buyer on a proper resolution since the shipment is not protected by Reverb or the carrier in these situations.
For shipments that were shipped without using a shipping label purchased from Reverb, claims for lost or damaged items need to be filed with your carrier directly.
Process for shipping labels purchased on Reverb:
If you purchased a shipping label, but declined Safe Shipping, your shipment does not carry protection from Reverb or the carrier.
Reverb expects the seller to proceed with one of the following resolutions:
- Offer a return for a full refund including a return shipping label.
- Offer a partial refund to the buyer to keep the damaged item.
Process for non-Reverb shipping labels:
1. Buyer saves all original packaging.
2. Seller contacts the shipping carrier and files a claim.
3. The shipping carrier will then provide next steps, including but not limited to: scheduling a pickup of the item, an in-person inspection, or a request for photos of the damage.
4. Once we can confirm the damaged item and original packaging is in possession of the carrier, and to be returned to the seller, Reverb expects the seller to refund the buyer in full.
5. The shipping carrier reimburses the seller for the insured amount once their claim processing has concluded.