When buying or selling on Reverb, we recommend keeping everything on the site - either through our website or the Reverb app. For all transactions completed through Reverb, buyers and sellers may be eligible to qualify for Reverb Buyer Protection or Reverb Seller Protection. In the unlikely case that something does not go as planned, you will have a record of the transaction on your Purchases page or Orders page.
- Community Rules for Off-Site Transactions | Buyers
- Community Rules for Off-Site Transactions | Sellers
If someone is asking to meet outside of Reverb, make sure the reasons why such a meeting is necessary are clear. Remember that Reverb transactions should take place online, or at a public location, like a shop.
If you do meet another buyer or seller in person, we recommend the following safety tips:
- Always meet in a well-lit, public place, during daylight hours if possible.
- Do not go to a secluded place or a member’s home, and do not invite a stranger into your home.
- If possible, get to know the member through their profile information on Reverb such as the About section of their shop homepage.
- Bring someone with you.
- Tell a friend or family member where you are going.
- Keep your cell phone on you.
- Trust your instincts. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.