If your browser shows you the error
NET:ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID when you go to Reverb.com, the issue should be resolved by updating your operating system and browser.
If you are unable to do so, you can also update the security certificate directly. Here are instructions on how to do so:
- Download Let'sEncrypt ISRGRootX1 certificate from "letsencrypt.org" - https://letsencrypt.org/certs/isrgrootx1.der. You should only get the certificate from letsencrypt.org. You'll have to do this on a device other than the one running Yosemite / El Capitan, since the updated certificate is on a site that is inaccessible to browsers that rely on the old certificate.
- Copy isrgrootx1.der to the Mac running the old version of Mac OS.
- Open the "Keychain Access" application. It is in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder.
- From the "File" menu choose "Import Items".
- Navigate to the isrgrootx1.der file and select it. In the "Destination Keychain" pop-up menu, choose the "System" keychain, then click "Open". Enter your administrator password if prompted.
- Select the "System" keychain in the "Keychains" section of the Keychain Access window.
- Find the "ISRG Root X1" cert in the "System" keychain list and double-click on it.
- Click the disclosure triangle to expand the "Trust" section. Under "When using this certificate" select "Always Trust". Close the window. You may need to enter your administrator password.
- Safari should immediately start working, although you may need to reload open pages. For other browsers, we recommend you restart your machine before attempting to access Reverb.