We protect you and the Reverb community
We do our best to keep you safe by reviewing messages on the Reverb platform. We’ll block potentially dangerous messages that contain words or numbers that might include contact information or references to other sites, including external links.
You can help us keep our community secure. If you get a suspicious message, let us know by reporting the message to Reverb.
Scam and phishing emails, messages, or SMS texts
"Phishing" is when scammers send emails or text messages to trick you into giving them your personal information. These emails and messages can impersonate a company or business. Reverb Support does not communicate via SMS text message.
Tips to avoid phishing and other scams
- Make sure your internet browser is on www.reverb.com before signing in to your account or entering any personal information.
- Don't share sensitive account details such as your password or bank account number. Reverb will never ask you for your password, bank account, or IBAN number.
- Look for telltale signs of a phishing email, especially poor spelling and grammar or links requesting your password, bank account details, or credit card number. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with phishing email scams and how to recognize them here: http://www.onguardonline.gov/phishing.
- More advanced phishing scams will attempt to replicate Reverb imagery or language. Don't take any communication you've received at face value.
- Use a strong password that you don't use for other websites. If you're worried about remembering it, we suggest using a password manager.
- Don't use the same password across multiple sites.
- Reverb will never text you about submitting or completing a payment.
- Bank/Wire Transfers are not supported by Reverb. Payment for a Reverb order should never be submitted via this method.
Report fake websites to Reverb
Tips for using Reverb safely
Make sure you don't fall for scams. Learn more.
What do I do if I’m asked to pay outside the Reverb website?
All transactions and interactions should remain on Reverb. Learn more.
What to do if you suspect fraud in your Reverb account
Notice suspicious activity? Learn about the next steps to take.
How do I qualify for buyer or seller protection?
Whether you're buying or selling on the site, Reverb has you covered. Learn more.
How to report messages to Reverb
We want to keep the Reverb community as safe as possible. Learn more.