Reverb knows exactly how frustrating it can be when you buy or sell gear that's clearly been damaged by a shipping carrier. It's even more frustrating and time-consuming to deal with the lengthy and arduous process of filing a damage claim directly with one of those carriers.
That's where Reverb Safe Shipping comes in. When it comes to gear being damaged in transit, we've seen it all. Luckily, that experience allows Reverb to process damage claims quickly, fairly, and with more of a gear focus than shipping carriers.
When a seller buys a shipping label on Reverb, they can opt to protect the package via Reverb Safe Shipping for a small fraction of the item's value (this varies by category, price, and value). This gives the seller one of our resident musicians to work on their claim in the event of shipping damage. If there is no Reverb Safe Shipping purchased on the label, we can still assist with the process but can't guarantee a claim payout.
Did you ship a package that was damaged during shipment?
- Please let us know by filling out this form and we'd be happy to assist.
Reverb Safe Shipping Terms:
- Reverb does not actively assist with damage claims on packages that were not shipped using a protected Reverb shipping label. We can give you tips and general guidance, but outside of that, there's not much we can do to assist, since carriers will typically only accommodate the shipper of record. Reverb only processes claims in-house for protected shipping labels that were purchased by the seller directly on Reverb. For instructions on how to proceed in these cases, please see this article.
- Damage inquiries must be submitted within 7 days of package delivery.
- Inquiries for lost packages can not be filed within 15 days of shipment for UPS or within 30 days of shipment for USPS.
- Safe Shipping applies only during transit from your premises to the shipping destination.
- Reimbursement will not be provided when loss or damage is a result of improper, inadequate, or unsafe packaging or wrapping, which shall be determined at Reverb's sole discretion. See the FedEx general packing guidelines, UPS packaging guidelines or USPS preparing packages page for tips on preparing your package for proper shipping. A flight case or other similar hard case packaging is not sufficient packaging.
- If the item is repairable after shipping damage, Reverb reserves the right to cover the cost of repairs in lieu of a full claim payout to the seller, so the item can be re-sold.
- The maximum reimbursement will not exceed the declared value of the item on the label.
Buying Safe Shipping is required when purchasing a Reverb shipping label for items with a sale price between $1,500 USD and $10,000 USD. Neither Safe Shipping nor Reverb Shipping Labels are available for items with a sale price of $10,000 or more. The maximum declared value for an international shipment is $2,500.