Reverb knows exactly how frustrating it can be when you buy or sell gear that's clearly been damaged by a shipping carrier. It's even more frustrating and time-consuming to deal with the lengthy and arduous process of filing a damage claim directly with one of those carriers.
That's where Reverb Shipping Protection comes in. When it comes to gear being damaged in transit, we've seen it all. Luckily, that experience allows Reverb to process damage claims quickly, fairly, and with more of a gear focus than shipping carriers.
When a seller buys a shipping label on Reverb, they can opt to protect the package via Reverb Shipping Protection for a small fraction of the item's value. For example:
|$0.01 - $200||2.5%||No|
|$200.01 - $1,500||1.0%||No|
|$1,500.01 - $5,000||1.0%||Yes|
|$5,000.01 - $10,000||1.5%||Yes|
Did you ship a package that was damaged during shipment?
- Please let us know by filling out this form and we'd be happy to assist.
You can read more on Reverb Shipping Protection here.
- Reverb does not actively assist with damage claims on packages that were not shipped using an insured Reverb shipping label. We can give you tips and general guidance, but outside of that, there's not much we can do to assist, since carriers will typically only correspond with the shipper themselves. Reverb only processes claims in-house for insured shipping labels that were purchased by the seller directly on Reverb. For instructions on how to proceed in these cases, please see this article.
- If the item is repairable after shipping damage, Reverb reserves the right to cover the cost of repairs in lieu of a full claim payout to the seller, so the item can be re-sold.
- Damage inquiries must be submitted within 7 days of package delivery.
- Inquiries for lost packages can not be filed within 15 days of shipment for UPS or within 30 days of shipment for USPS.
- Shipping Protection applies only during transit from your premises to the shipping destination. Reimbursement will not be provided when loss or damage is a result of improper, inadequate, or unsafe packaging or wrapping, which shall be determined at Reverb's sole discretion. See the UPS packaging guidelines or USPS preparing packages page for tips on preparing your package for proper shipping.
- A flight case or other similar hard case packaging is not sufficient packaging.
- The maximum reimbursement will not exceed the value of the item's sale price on Reverb.