Once a seller issues you a refund for a purchase you've made on Reverb, it usually takes about 3-5 business days for this to be refunded back to your original payment method’s account.
For Reverb Payments orders:
- After your refund has been issued, it may take 3-5 business days to appear on your credit card/bank statement depending on your financial institution's processing times.
- A credit card refund can only be issued to the card used for the original purchase. It’s not possible to have your refund issued directly to a different card.
- If the original card used for payment is no longer valid and a replacement card has been issued, the refund should appear automatically on your new card. If a replacement card hasn’t been issued, please get in touch with your credit card provider for more information about how to receive your refund.
For PayPal orders:
- PayPal refunds can also take 3-5 business days to clear, with some occasional longer wait times if a refund is issued as a PayPal eCheck.
- If you paid using a credit card without signing in to a PayPal account - using PayPal Guest Checkout - the money will go back to your credit or debit card. It can take up to 30 days for the refund to show up on your card statement.
How do returns work for buyers on Reverb?
Learn about the return process from start to finish.
How do I request a refund?
Learn about the steps for submitting a refund request.
How am I protected if I do not receive an item or the item I receive is not as described?
Learn about the steps for ensuring you receive your money back when warranted.
Where can I view my seller’s return policy?
Be sure you are able to locate the item's return policy. Learn how.
How does Reverb protect buyers?
Learn about how Reverb Buyer Protection works.
How do preference-based returns work?
Don't like your item that arrived as-described? Learn how these types of returns work.