Since Reverb consists of independent sellers who manage their own shops, we recommend you first review the listing's Payment & Returns section to confirm the return policy on your purchase. If you are within the appropriate return window, message the seller directly with documentation of any issues and submit a refund request.
Reverb's return protocol:
- It is important to review the seller’s return policy on their Shop Policies page to confirm whether a return is warranted.
- If the item arrived not as described and is reported to the seller and/or Reverb within 7 days of delivery, you are eligible for a return.
- Be sure you save all packaging in case Reverb or the carrier asks for this.
- Outside of the 7-day window, a return is dependent on the seller’s custom return policy, if applicable.
- The reason for your return will determine who is responsible for the return shipping costs.
- Once the seller has the item back, your refund should be completed within 48 hours and you should see the money back in your account within the following 3-5 business days.
Steps for getting a refund or return started:
- Gather photos and videos of any issues once they are encountered and message the seller on Reverb with that information. Our team can see all messages, expediting a resolution if our involvement is needed.
- Request a refund on the order.
- 🕑 Allow the seller 24 hours to respond to this request.
- Once approved, ship the item back to the seller (unless a partial refund or other arrangements were discussed). Be sure to confirm the seller's return address with them prior to shipping.
- Once the item is back in the seller's possession, your refund should be initiated in 48 hours. This allows for the seller to inspect the item and make sure it arrives back as described.
Who is responsible for return shipping costs?
If the item you purchased arrived damaged or not as described, and you reported the issues to the seller or Reverb within 7 days of delivery, the seller is responsible for the return shipping costs.
On a preference-based return, typically the buyer would be responsible for purchasing the return shipping label, as well as coordinating return shipping logistics with the carrier.
How do buyers purchase a return shipping label through Reverb?
Reverb Support can assist you in purchasing a return shipping label.
Where can I find a return address?
To ensure your shipment will be received safely by the seller, you will need to message them directly to confirm their desired return shipping address. This is critical since sellers must receive the returned item before completing the refund.
How do I request a refund?
Learn about the steps for submitting a refund request.
How long will my refund take to process?
The refund processing timeline is explained here.
How am I protected if I do not receive an item or the item I receive is not as described?
Learn about the steps for ensuring you receive your money back when warranted.
Where can I view my seller’s return policy?
Be sure you are able to locate the item's return policy. Learn how.
How does Reverb protect buyers?
Learn about how Reverb Buyer Protection works.
How do preference-based returns work?
Don't like your item that arrived as-described? Learn how these types of returns work.