Reverb is an online marketplace consisting of independent sellers who manage their own shops. What this means is that each seller is responsible for their individual shop policies on refunds, returns, and exchanges. These policies will vary from seller to seller, so it is always important to review the listing Shop Policies before reaching out to the seller.
1. What is my protection as a buyer?
2. What are the steps of getting a refund/return started?
3. Who is responsible for return shipping costs?
4. Where can I find a return address?
5. More information
What is my protection as a buyer?
All purchases on the site are backed by our Reverb Buyer Protection. If anything arrives damaged or not as described, you just need to contact the seller or Reverb within 7 days of delivery with documentation of the issues. We always recommend contacting the seller first, as the majority of issues are resolved between buyers and sellers.
Anything outside of that 7-day window, or a situation that is not damaged/not as described, we would then honor the seller's individual shop policies. It is always a good idea to check out the Shop Policies tab on any listing to see the seller's individual policies.
As far as manufacturer warranties, that would be dependent on the sellers and what they are offering with their specific listing.
- Gather documentation (e.g. photos, video) of any issues once they are encountered and message the seller on Reverb with that information
- Request a refund on the order
- Allow the seller 24-48 hours to respond to this request
- Once approved, ship the item back to the seller (unless a partial refund or other arrangements were discussed)
- Once the item is back in the seller's possession, your refund should be initiated in 48 hours
If the seller remains unresponsive to your messages and refund requests after 48 hours, you can open up a support ticket with our Customer Engagement team to step in and assist
Who is responsible for return shipping costs?
If the item you purchased arrived damaged or not as described, and you reported the issues to the seller or Reverb within 7 days of delivery, the seller would be responsible for the return shipping costs.
On a preference-based return, typically the buyer would be responsible for purchasing the return shipping label.
In most situations, sellers can purchase return shipping labels directly via Reverb.
Where can I find a return address?
Ultimately, you will want to contact the seller of your item to get their preferred return shipping address. You can message them via your purchases page here.
It is very important to ensure the seller approved your return before shipping the item back.
For more information on refunds and returns, you can check out the Help Center articles below:
How Can I Request a Refund or Return?
How Long Will My Refund Take to Process?
What's Reverb's return policy?
How to Cancel a Sale
Refunds & Returns for Sellers